The majestic Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal lies on Cabo San Lucas’ most coveted parcel of land – an extraordinary, 24-acre site at the southernmost tip of Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula. The exclusive haven, accessible only by the private Dos Mares tunnel, is just minutes from bustling downtown Cabo San Lucas, yet seemingly worlds apart. The hotel offers unprecedented luxury, sophistication and personalized service from a team of Personal Concierges who are available during guests’ entire visits to assist guests with their requests. The property features Dos Mares suites, two beachfront casitas, six beachfront suites including a presidential villa, and signature spa, Luna y Mar.
Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal is located in Cabo San Lucas at the southernmost tip of Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula where the Pacific Ocean meets the Sea of Cortez, close to the Cabo Arch and legendary rock formations known as Land’s End. The proximity of the resort to the ocean provides stunning seasonal views of humpback whales, which congregate around the peninsula. The property is just minutes from bustling downtown Cabo, yet seemingly a world away thanks to its secluded location. The resort is reached via the only privately owned Dos Mares tunnel, which is a 300- meter long entrance that separates the town of Cabo from the Pacific Ocean. Cabo San Lucas is one of the world’s most spectacular and sought-after resort destinations. Its impressive natural attributes – from sandy beaches to rugged mountains to the desert – sets the stage for some of the finest sport fishing, golf and eco-sports available anywhere, and its array of luxury accommodations, spas and restaurants have earned the area international notoriety. The beauty of the region, as well as range of available activities, makes Cabo San Lucas a prime getaway for Hollywood stars and starlets.
Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal is reminiscent of an old Mexican hacienda, where the ocean meets the mountains. Its interior design celebrates traditional Mexican culture, mixed with sophisticated modern elements. Each guestroom has a private terrace and at least one private plunge pool from which to enjoy sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean. The resort offers three key accommodation options: luxurious hotel guestrooms and suites, exclusive private Beachfront Suites situated directly on the beach, and spacious residential style villas complete with large sitting areas and full kitchens. The hotel has a total of 66 rooms and suites and 22 multi-bedroom residential-style villas.
All guestrooms feature the following facilities:
• Plunge pool and private terrace overlooking the Pacific Ocean
• Indoor fireplaces
• Custom furnishings with handcrafted Mexican details
• A specialty light system allowing guests to adjust lighting levels throughout the day
• Rainfall showerheads with handheld shower option
• Separate bathtub
• Nespresso coffee system
• LED high definition television with cable and a variety of preferred channels
• Complimentary wireless internet access
• Binoculars for whale watching
ADDITIONAL AMENITIES & SERVICES
The hotel’ experience exceeds that of the most luxurious hotels available today, with an array of well-thought-out facilities and intuitive services that include:
• Signature Personal Concierge for every guest
• Complimentary welcome margarita or hibiscus water
• Complimentary daily afternoon amenity of fresh guacamole, chips and bucket of Coronitas beer
• Complimentary bottle of Reserva de la Familia Platino by Cuervo as welcome amenity
• Complimentary in-room refreshment center, restocked daily with soft drinks, juices and water
• 24-hour in-room service
• Private chef upon request
• Driving services via the resort valet
• Preferred pricing for regional ecotourism travel and adventure sports
• Optional butler service
• Twice-daily housekeeping service
At the helm of Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal four distinctive dining establishments and Champagne Terrace is Executive Chef Yvan Mucharraz. The array of dining offered on property showcases refined, traditional Mexican dishes that evoke a true ‘Baja’ feel.
The resort’s signature Don Manuel’s restaurant serves three meals a day, using cuisine made from local organic ingredients and prepared using modern interpretations of old world techniques.
El Farallon is a restaurant where fresh fish specialties are served in an alfresco setting suspended over the ocean. This destination seafood venue features a “catch of the day” menu enabling guests to choose from fresh fish of the surrounding waters.
The romantic and picturesque Champagne Terrace, which provides guests with the tools to explore and discover champagne through sensations linked to the soil, the climate, the ageing process and the mystery behind it.
The Beach Club is a casual poolside dining venue serving coastal favorites such as Hummus, Baja Wraps, Fresh Grilled Seafood, Grilled Panini Sandwiches and Classic Caesar Salads. The open-air venue is the perfect place to escape the sun and enjoy a drink while watching your favorite sporting event or enjoying the coastal views.
Crudo Bar, meaning “raw bar” in Spanish, is uniquely situated in the center of the Don Manuel Pool. With views of the Pacific Ocean, Crudo offers a wide selection of freshly prepared tiraditos, ceviche and Mexican inspired rolls.
Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal creative cuisine may be enjoyed in a variety of locations throughout the resort. The resort’s staff can arrange private dinners on a guestroom terrace overlooking the Pacific Ocean, or an intimate beachside dinner next to the warm glow of a bonfire.
Also available is the Su Cocina private dining room, which serves as a perfect setting to entertain up to eight guests and receive personalized service.
The signature Luna Y Mar Spa features 12,000 squarefeet of space, providing a tranquil environment for reflection amongst pristine ocean views. The spa facilities include:
• Eight treatment “pods” floating on the secluded spa pool with direct access to waterfalls
• Two deluxe couples suites with indoor private hot tubs, bathrooms, seating area and direct access to the spa pool
• Men’s & Women’s steam, sauna and ice room, and hot tub for pre- or post-treatment relaxation
• Private spa pool
• Ocean view treatment rooms
• Personal spa concierges to design and plan wellness programs (complimentary)
• Private 24-hour state of the art fitness facility, complete with personal training consultations and private instruction rooms
• Fitness classes including Boot Camp, TRX, Cross Training, Yoga, Pilates and Tennis Programs
• Julien Farel salon
Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal offers unique culinary and cultural programs and events for its guests to enjoy during their stay. The resort’s Personal Concierges are on hand to organize any of the following activities:
• Tequila Tasting, where guests learn about the 500- year old tradition and process of tequila making.
• Once in a Lifetime La Cava – Mexican Wine Tour explores the country’s finest wines through a tour of the resort’s wine cellar and a lesson (and a tasting of) the region’s best wines. Guests are encouraged to visit the wine cellar to personally select a wine to accompany their dinner at Don Manuel’s.
• Private Dinners on the Beach, including S’mores stations where guests enjoy a delicious meal in a private beachfront location prepared by the culinary team and arranged by the resort staff.
• One or Three-Day Cooking Classes in Su Cocina allow guests to learn about indigenous Mexican ingredients and learn the art of preparing regional specialties.
• Farm Tours allow guests to embark on an organic tour where they have the chance to select their own produce to be used in their dinner that evening.
• Spanish Lessons, where guests can either join in on a one-hour introductory class to learn the basics of the language or arrange private lessons.
• Two Laykold surfaced Tennis Courts that overlook the Cabo San Lucas Marina and Sea of Cortez and private tennis lessons available upon request.
• The Tortuguitas (“Little Turtles”) Kids Club offers a variety of activities and experiences for young guests to enjoy including piñata making, cooking classes, outdoor games, story-telling, special movie nights and sand castle making out on the beach.
Camino del Mar 1, Pedregal, 23455 Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Weary of Mexico City’s urban sprawl, Don Manuel brought his family to Cabo in the 1970s when it was a small fishing village. He acquired the land that would become Pedregal in 1974, recognizing the great potential in its views of both the Sea of Cortez and Pacific Ocean. In 1975, architect, visionary and family patriarch Manuel Diaz Rivera began developing 360-acres of land at the tip of the Baja California peninsula, transforming it into the prestigious neighborhood of Pedregal de Cabo San Lucas. Thirty years later, they developed the gated community with meticulous care into Cabo’s most exclusive neighborhood, saving the community’s last untouched site – 24-acres of breathtaking Cliffside and beachfront land, with unparalleled views of the Pacific Ocean and Cabo San Lucas village.
Unique to the property is the 300-meter long tunnel considered an “engineering feat”, which separates the town of Cabo from the Pacific Ocean and provides a dramatic entrance with views of the Pacific Ocean and the humpback whales that make the area their home. Inside the resort, four design firms teamed up to create a community that is both visually stunning and in harmony with Cabo’s natural environment, featuring Mexican-inspired style and art. Nunzio DeSantis of HKS, Inc. laid the architectural groundwork, Paul Duesing Partners designed the interiors, Sylvia Sepielli designed the spa and Charles S. McDaniel of the SWA Group is the landscape architect.
Two luxuriously appointed boardrooms accommodate high level executive meetings, while a Business Centre provides the services of an office-away-from-the-office.
For small wedding parties seeking privacy, Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal is unrivalled. The surrounding area offers stunning backdrops for a beach or mountainside wedding. The staff work to create the ideal wedding for guests, from traditional Mexican celebrations to modern, casual beach affairs. Hotel also offers a Honeymoon Registry in which friends and family can purchase special resort activities, gift certificates and room upgrades for the couple to share during their stay at the resort.