Come with us on a magical journey through the crystal museum that is Río Secreto, where the history of our planet is written on the myriad geological formations, and where floating in its crystal clear fresh water your life will change forever.
It is the longest semi flooded cave. of the Yucatan peninsula. 90 hectares of land, of which by our conservation principles Rio Secreto uses only 10% for tourism. Rio Secreto manages small groups ensuring the safety of visitors.
HOW DOES IT WORK? Río Secreto is a half day tour that operates as follows:
- Transfer from your hotel in Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Riviera Maya
- Arrival at the reception and service area located at Cancun – Tulum Highway K.m 283.5, 5 minutes from Playa del Carmen.
- Video welcome briefing.
- Transportation to the natural reserve (approx. 15 minutes).
- Upon arrival our guides will greet visitors and give them the security measures and suitable equipment.
- Prior to entry into the Mayan underworld, visitors will tour the natural reserve trails where they will receive a Mayan Welcome.
- Visitors will hike and swim through its beautiful natural glass galleries on a tour of 1 km with an average of 1:30 hrs.
- Equipment return.
- Toast with Xtabentun.
- Visualization of the tour’s photographs.
- Regional buffet and non alcoholic drinks.
- Return to the hotel.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Access to the natural reserve.
- Groups of 10 people max.
- Specialized guide.
- Life jacket.
- Helmet with lamp.
- Regional buffet.
- Non alcoholic drinks.
- Open daily, with tours starting at 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm and 2:00pm.
- Please arrive 30 minutes early to complete check-in and avoid delays.
- Daily languages: Spanish, English and French.
- Rio Secreto operates under any weather conditions.
- Baby-sitter service available based on prior reservations and with additional cost.
- Minimum age: 4 years old.
- Maximum recommended weight: 120kg
- Photographic and video cameras are not allowed inside the cave system.
- Rio Secreto is not recommended for people with severe physical or motor disabilities, heart problems, women with risky pregnancies or people under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Use of chemical products is not allowed such as sunblock, insect repellent, excessive makeup etc.