Mar Adentro Hotel and Residences is a new luxury hotel and residences property located minutes from downtown San Jose del Cabo on the Sea of Cortez in Baja California Sur. The design-focused development is the vision of renowned Mexican architect Miguel Ángel Aragonés after the success of his first hotel, Encanto Acapulco, and numerous private homes, office buildings and public spaces. A 10-minute drive from Los Cabos International Airport, Mar Adentro will feature 205 well-appointed guest rooms and additional private residences. Each accommodation was designed by Aragonés with simplicity, comfort and elegance in mind – relaxing ocean views and an all-white aesthetic ensures there is no fuss, just room for contemplation and time to enjoy the finer things. Custom outfitted with sleek Poliform furnishings and top-of-the-line appliances, each guest and homeowner can relax knowing that every detail has been taken care of. With a private beach club, luxury shopping plaza, five world-class restaurants, yoga and fitness facilities, and the holistic Mar Abierto Spa, there is no need to leave the property – except to enjoy some of the best surfing in Baja just down the street at Costa Azul beach.
Designed and owned by renowned Mexican architect Miguel Ángel Aragonés, this tranquil, all-white environment is the first design-forward luxury resort of its kind in Baja California. Featuring Los Cabo’s most refined and robust art gallery with rotating local and international exhibits, a fashion partnership with Mexican designer Carla Fernandez and an exclusive artist-in-residence partnership with Los Angeles’ famed intimate concert venue Hotel Café, Mar Adentro provides guests with an artistic experience in all aspects of their stay.
Using the sun as his guide – the source of all light and color – and water as his muse, Miguel created a canvas that pays tribute to nature’s artistic hand. The hotel’s thoughtful architecture maximizes daylight design, embraces water’s purifying energy and inspires creativity through its refined simplicity. Every amenity in the hotel and homes is luxury – from the Poliform furnishings to the Flou pillow menu. Through Mar Adentro, Aragonés establishes an architectural opus in Los Cabos through a harmonic archipelago of seemingly floating guest rooms and residences interspersed by canals of water serving as directional guides throughout the property. A poetic space, where everything pays tribute to the landscape and where water is a central theme, Mar Adentro provides a serene retreat for relaxation and contemplation.
Mar Adentro Hotel and Residences features 205 well-appointed guestrooms, suites and villas. Complete with luxury furnishings and appliances, guests customize their experience through a personalized pillow menu, ambiance concierge with lighting and sound assistance, and aromatherapy menu to compliment bespoke treatments at Mar Abierto Spa. Dine at one of five restaurants on property or shop at the luxury plaza – or choose to never leave the comfort of your room and order from the Control4 tablet that also controls the temperature, light and sound in the room.
- Deluxe King Ocean View 62 of these rooms are available (530 square feet)
- Deluxe Double Ocean View 43 of these rooms are available (530 square feet)
- Junior Suite King Ocean View 35 of these suites are available (948 square feet)
- Junior Suite Double Ocean View 14 of these suites are available (948 square feet)
- Junior Suite Spa Eight of these suites are available (948 square feet)
- Suite Ocean View Three of these rooms are available (1033 square feet)
- Master King Ocean View 23 of these rooms are available (1,114 square feet)
- Two Bedroom Suite Ocean View Four of these suites are available (1,589 square feet)
- Penthouse King Ocean View Two of these rooms are available (3,418 square feet)
- Center Villa Five of these villas are available (5,167 square feet)
- Beach Front Villa Four of these villas are available (5,877 square feet)
- Garden Villa Two of these villas are available (5,877 square feet)
- Private airport transportation
- Personalized pre-arrival menu of activities
- Tailor-made check in
- Daily turndown and pantry stocking
- Daily newspaper delivery
- 24/7 room service
- Nanny and babysitting services
- Packing/unpacking assistance
- Control4 in room ordering and shopping
- In-room spa treatments
- Exclusive interactive film and telephone
- Color scene lighting menu
- Aromatherapy menu based on customized spa regimen
- Personalized pillow menu
- Customized bathroom amenities
- Two oceanfront poolsF
- amily pool
- Mar Abierto Spa
- Private Beach Club
- Beach Lounge Area
- Five world-class restaurants
- Lounge cinema
- State-of-the-art gym featuring Kinesis machines
- Yoga and Pilates studios
- Beauty Center
- Mar Adentro Children’s Club
- Luxury shopping plaza
- Art gallery and permanent art installations on property
- Meeting and event spaces
Mar Abierto Spa
Mar Abierto Spa will offer the best in holistic spa treatments by creating completely bespoke regimens for guests. Working with a clinical aromatherapist and blending practitioner, guests of the spa will be treated for better sleep, vitality, detoxification, overall wellness or any other need-area. Signature rhythmic massages using water pressure “waves” will lull guests into relaxation, while other treatments will use different temperatures, steam and minerals to take advantage of water’s mysterious nature to heal and rejuvenate. Following treatment, the spa will work with restaurants on property to continue to provide the best offerings to meet each person’s needs. Water tastings with herb and essential oil-infused beverages, along with edible beauty products will ensure each guest experiences all five senses while on property.
Hotel Cafe Partnership
Mar Adentro Hotel and Residences has developed an exclusive partnership with Los Angeles intimate music venue hotspot, Hotel Café. Known for discovering musicians from all genres, Hotel Café hosts some of the best rising stars and well-known veterans in the music scene. Through Mar Adentro’s monthly “Luna Llena” concert series, the property’s artist-inresidence program will debut artists from Hotel Café’s rolodex. The series, which is open to the public, will be a hit for music and art enthusiasts visiting and living in Los Cabos. There will also be an annual music festival and regular art shows in conjunction with musical performances.
What will inevitably become the next hot destination for artists and creative minds, Mar Adentro will have an art gallery open to the public with a rotating display of installations from some of the best artists in the world.
La Playa Beach Club
Offering hotel guests and homeowners a tranquil retreat from the rest of the busy property, La Playa Beach Club will have two saltwater pools, poolside lounge areas and a beachside food truck.
Meetings and Events
Mar Adentro provides five event spaces to host banquets, conferences, weddings and any other gatherings.
Opening March 2016, the shopping plaza will offer the best in high end retail outlets.