One with nature
The sun’s first rays dance and sparkle on the Caribbean’s easy waves as another exquisite day begins at Fairmont Mayakoba. Those first gentle rays reveal the tropical beauty of the Riviera Maya and the Yucatan Peninsula, home to Fairmont Mayakoba. They alight, caressing the mangrove and palm, and warming the white sand beaches, the languid lagoons and pristine green of the golf course.
Here, amidst the ancient legacy of the Maya and embracing the rich and vibrant culture of Mexico, the Riviera Maya offers travelers a rich selection of things to do and adventures to experience. Local activities include exploring the awe-inspiring Mayan archeological sites, playing in the many ecological theme and water parks, diving on the world’s second largest coral reef, shopping the wonderful markets and stepping out to the exciting nightlife. At the Fairmont Mayakoba, guests can savour exquisite culinary fare and exceptional golf and spa. They can explore with property tours and of course take advantage of all the onsite facilities, pools and beach. Fairmont Mayakoba is simply a travel destination to be experienced first hand.
An affluent enclave and part of the larger Mayakoba resort community, Fairmont Mayakoba is a luxurious hideaway, a private retreat offering exceptional service and an unequaled travel experience in five different ecosystems.
The morning sun illuminates graceful guest rooms
With the majority of accommodation set back from the sea and an exclusive collection of exquisite seaside suites – so as to be more environmentally sound – Fairmont Mayakoba’s 401 guest rooms (including 34 suites) are intertwined with the lush forest and graceful lagoons that dominate the property.
A day – it can be any day – at Fairmont Mayakoba starts with the echo of bird song softly floating across the forest. Guests stir, relaxed from a night well slept in luxurious surroundings that are Fairmont Mayakoba’s guest rooms. Well appointed with fine amenities and beautifully designed, guest rooms boast comfy oversized spa-style bathrooms with soaker tub, double vanity and a separate glass walled shower. The furnished balcony or terrace invites a relaxing early morning coffee to start the day. All guest rooms and suites offer:
- Twice-daily housekeeping service
- 24-hour concierge service
- High-Speed Internet access (a daily charge applies)
- Three two-line phones with voicemail
- LCD television, CD player, radio and alarm clock
- Fresh-press coffeemaker/ teapot with kettle
- Ample closet space
- Iron and ironing board
- In-room safe
- Slippers, bathrobes, scale, blow dryer and lit makeup mirror
- Air conditioning with individual climate control and ceiling fan
- Refreshment center
- Location: Located in the Mayan inspired low-rise Bamboo tower adjacent to the lobby
- View: Tropical jungle
- Size: One king bed 436 sq.ft., or two queen beds 480 sq.ft.
Fairmont View Room
- Location: Boasting the best views from the Mayan inspired lo rise Bamboo tower adjacent to the main lobby
- View: Bamboo pool and central docking point
- Size: One king bed 436 sq.ft., or two queen beds 480 sq.ft.
- Location: Scattered in the luxurious Casaas located throughout the resort, these large and elegant rooms offer a wonderful feel of the surrounding tropical forest
- View: Mangrove or tropical jungle
- Size: One king bed 458 sql or two queen beds 504 sq.ft.
- Location: Scattered in the luxurious Casitas located throughout the resort, these large and elegant rooms offer a wonderful feel of the surrounding tropical forest and the resort’s breathtaking lagoon and water canals
- View: Lagoon and water canals
- Size: One king bed 458 sq.ft. or two queen beds 504 sq.ft.
Beach Area Casita
- Location: Situated in the private area of the resort and just steps from the beach, these refined and luxurious rooms invite the surrounding tropical forest indoors
- View: Mangrove and lagoon
- Size: One king bed 458 sq.ft or two queen beds 504 sq.ft.
- Location: Situated oceanfront in the beach area of the resort, these elegant rooms pamper and indulge with breathtaking ocean views and a private stairwaydescending to the powdery white beach
- View: Caribbean Sea
- Size: Two queen beds 587 sq.ft.
Signature Casita Suite
- Location: Distinguished by high ceilings and a wraparound balcony, these luxurious suites located in the private area offer such wonderful amenities as two full bathrooms, a delightful private bedroom and a comfortable living room
- View: Lagoon and water canals
- Size: One king bed 915 sq. ft. or two queen beds 1,033 sq. ft.
Beach Area Casita Suite
- Location: Located in the beach area and boasting a beautiful main floor bedroom, these elegant suites offer a generous master bedroom, a separate living room, two full bathrooms, a wraparound balcony and an exclusive private rooftop pool
- View: From the bedroom: mangrove and lagoon; from the terrace: the property, mangrove and Caribbean sea
- Size: One king bed 1,113 sq. ft.
Oceanfront Casita Suite
- Location: Situated oceanfront in the beach area, this suite offers direct access to the beach from a private stairway and a private infinity pool. With high ceilings and a spacious layout, amenities include a master bedroom and a separate living room with a sofa bed
- View: Caribbean Sea
- Size: One king bed 963 sq. ft.
Oceanfront Premium Suite
- Location: Situated oceanfront in the beach area, this private suite features a private stairway descending to the beach, a spacious master bedroom and a separate high-ceilinged living and dining room, two full bathrooms and a private infinity pool on the terrace
- View: Caribbean Sea
- Size: One king bed 1,075 sq. ft.
Savour the satisfaction of Suite living
For those so inclined to enjoy an exalted level of elegance and luxury, the day begins in one of Fairmont Mayakoba’s exquisite suites. Our suite collection includes Beach Area Casita Suites, Oceanfront Casita Suites and Oceanfront Premium Suites. All offer guests a living room, dining room, large bedroom and private plunge-pool.
There’s the Bamboo Suite boasting views of the entire property. The secluded Coral Suite’ overlooks the pristine canals and mangroves. Those wishing their own island location choose La Tortuga’, a presidential suite of exceptional beauty. Finally, the oceanfront El Camaleon two-bedroom presidential suite- featuring a private stairway to the beach rounds out this impressive collection.
All our beach area, oceanfront, specialty suites and presidential suites offer the epitome of personalized service with an exclusive butler service.
Cots and rollaway beds available for most room categories. A rental fee applies. Cribs are provided on a complimentary basis. 0 Connecting rooms available. * These rooms do not have ocean views or direct access to the beach. + At an additional charge, these suites can be converted into two or three bedroom suites. -? At an additional charge, this suite can be converted into a three bedroom suite.
Guest services and facilities
- Guided property tours onboard lanchas (covered boats), on bikes or on foot
- Five freshwater pools, including an adults only and one exclusive for kids with waterslide
- Complimentary use of BMW bikes
- Water taxi
- Business and convention center
- Outdoor areas for events (Las Brisas, El Puerto and La Laguna offer private dinning rooms, ideal for small and intimate celebrations, and family reunions)
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Valet parking (a daily fee applies)
- Wheelchair accessibility and two ADA compliant rooms
- Complimentary shuttle service to and from El Camaleon, the Jim McLean Golf School and the neighboring Rosewood Mayakoba and Banyan Tree Mayakoba hotels
- Doctor’s office open 24/7
- Time zone: Central Standard Time
- Electricity: 110 volts
- Currency: Mexican pesos
- AAA 5 Diamond
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Hotel of the Year award
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Environmental Hotel of the Year award
- Green Key Green Eco-Rating program: 4 keys
- Rainforest Alliance certification
- Condé Nast Traveller #11 of best Caribbean hotels
- Travel + Leisure #11 of top 20 hotels in Mexico
- Golf Week #7 of best Caribbean resort courses
Tantalizing tastes and savory fare
As the sun slowly and steadily arcs across the intense blue of the Mexic. sky, morning becomes afternoon, and afternoon gives way to evening. And regardless of the time of day, soft aromas from Fairmont Mayakobis restaut.ts and bars tantalize the culinary senses.
Lunch is served al fresco on the patio/deck of Las Brisas where guests we mesmerized by the sparkling views of the bejeweled Caribbe. over fresh local fare. Dinner is upscale with a menu that features the best international .isine with Mexicw touch. Open for lunch from 11:00 a.m. to 500p.m. and for dinner from 600 p.m. to I 100 p.m. Closed on Sundays for dinner service. Las Brisas is a AAA-4 Diamond Award winner
As Fairmont Mayalcoba’s signature restaurant, El Puerto offers co enticing array of menu selections amidst an enchanting decor In addition to the delightful fart, diners enjoy sweeping views of rhe property and central docking point for the lanchas. The menu captures the rid, seasonal and surprising fla.rs of the Caribbean and fearures delicious pastas and steaks grilled to perfection. Open for dinner only, from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Closed or Mondays. El Puerto is a AAA-4 Diamond Award winner.
La Laguna offers a relaxed ambiance and hoe music wah brealefast, lunch and dinner served either inside or on the terrace overlooking she mangrove and water canals Ihe vast menu features local and international delicacies. Open daily.
- Buffet breakfast 700 am – 11:30 a.m.
- A la carte breakfast 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Lunch 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Dinner 6:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Tropical cocktails, sample tapas, delicious sushi and locally-inspired appetizers entice guests’ palates while daily live music entertains. Open from I I,00 a.m. to 100 a.m. Complimentary coffee and ma service from 7,00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
From sunrise to sunset, sumptuous delicacies await at this market cak. Guests savor decadent pastries, classic deli favorites, gourmet coffees and i« creams while relaxing on the rerram or srock up their rooMs refreshment centre with pre-ordered items from the cafe. Open daily from 900 a.m. to 9,00 p.m.
Las Olas and Aqua
Guests dive into these refreshing pool bars for a Mojito or Margarita. Located in the central waxer park. Open daily from 10,00 a.m ro 6,00 p.m.
In Room Dining
Available 24/7. From a light snack to a 4-course romantic dinner, drinks and appetizers, guests can order anything they fancw
For convenience, Fairmont Mayakoba offers meal plans suited to any vacation plan, including a choice of breakfast, lunch or dinner or a combination.
Dine at the neighbors
For those looking to dine farther afield, the neighboring Banyan Tree Mayakoba and Rosewood Mayakoba hotels offer delectable fare all within the luxurious Mayakoba resort community. Complimentary transportation is available and signing privileges are in effect.
Fairmont Mayakoba offers exciting entertainment programs and seasonal activities, including cooking classes. Please ask for details.
A day filled with activity awaits
Even journeying around the property is a sublime experience. Staff-driven electric carts and covered boats (lanchas) take guests from one indulgence to the next. Some choose to stroll on foot the interconnecting paths or pedal on complimentary BMW bikes.
El Camaleón Golf Club
With children set about their fun, the adult activity of choice requires an easy swing and a sure stroke. A Greg Norman design, El Camaleón Golf Club boasts a spectacular layout winding about the tropical jungle and the mangrove before boldly stretching to the sea. Managed by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and well reputed by golfers the world over for the course design, playability and maintenance, El Camaleon is also certified as a Cooperative Sanctuary System by Audubon International. At 7,024 yards, PAR 72 and open daily from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., the course offers a round filled with exhilarating play. Facilities and services include modern golf carts equipped with GPS, a restaurant, locker areas and a pro shop.
Jim McLean Golf School
For those wishing to work on their game in such inspiring surroundings, guests can take lessons at the Jim McLean Golf School. Featuring a two-bay Superstation (with the ability to expand to three bays at a moment’s notice), golfers of all ages benefit from the latest technology in golf analysis using computer software as well as highly personalized instruction programs crafted by certified Jim McLean Master Instructors.
Willow Stream Spa
The day also calls for an activity more relaxing and rejuvenating at Willow Stream Spa. Surrounded by the subtle reminders – the textures, scents and colors – of ancient Mayan culture, guests can reflect and recharge. Inspired by the elements the Mayans used thousands of years ago, unique treatments using local herbs, essential oils, and extracts pamper and energize. Amenities include 20 treatment rooms, fitness center, spa boutique, couple suites, men and ladies locker rooms, rooftop mineral pool, and steam and sauna rooms.
The first order of any parent’s business is to see to the young ones’ fun and adventure. Fairmont Mayakoba’s Discovery Club & Adventure Camp offers just that. A program filled with culture and educational fun, it is designed to spark creativity even in the youngest child. Ages 4 to 12 enjoy epic adventures in the sacred Mayan jungle and learn about the Earth’s natural wonders. Designed as a tree house, kids will be welcomed by Zamna the gnome, Iggi the iguana, Chamu the monkey and Balam the jaguar. Fairmont Mayakoba offers complimentary access to the Kids Club and Adventure Camp for three hours daily per child. Additional hours can be booked at an additional cost.
Nearby, new discoveries await
The Mayan Riviera, rich with things to see and do, lures more than a few guests to enjoy the surrounding countryside. Here are just a few:
- 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen
- 40 minutes from Xcaret, XPLOR and Kantun Chi
- 45 minutes from Cancún International Airport
- 50 minutes from Xel-Ha
- 50 minutes from Cancún
- 1 hour from Tulúm
- 90 minutes from Sian Ka’an
- 2.5 hours from Chichen Itzá
Partnership and affiliations
It has been said that you can judge one by the company they keep. This is a perspective that underlines the affiliations and partnerships secured by Fairmont Mayakoba. They underscore the resort’s commitment to the environment, and help to promote unique Fairmont eco-experiences available to guests. The growing number of partners and associations who share Fairmont Mayakoba’s vision include:
- The World Wildlife Fund (Climate Savers Program)
- The National Geographic Society
- The Tourism Sustainability Council
Local projects showcase Fairmont Mayakoba’s unique environmental strengths and connection to the community. Local partners include:
- United Nations Program for Development
- Mesoamerican Reef Tourism Initiative
- Caritas de Quintana Roo
- Flora, Fauna y Cultura de México
- Amigos de Sian Ka’an
- U’Yool’Chee – Adopt a Tree program
- CRIT Quintana Roo
- Community Tours Sian Ka’an