Casa Dorada is a joint development of Pulso Inmobiliario, one of Mexico City’s most prominent developers, and Questro, a development and management company with a proven 25-year track record in Los Cabos. Both firms are 100% Mexican owned
The resort is located on five acres on Medano Beach. Cabo San Lucas’ shops, restaurants, marina and nightlife are within walking distance. San Jose del Cabo International Airport is at a 45 minutes ride away.
Casa Dorada is comprised of 150 guest rooms and suites: 24 Junior Suites, 77 One-Bedroom Suites, 36 Two- bedroom Suites, 4 One-Bedroom Penthouses, 7 Two-Bedroom Penthouses and 2 Three-Bedroom Penthouses. Suites are especially spacious ranging from 900 to 4,200 square feet. Nightly turndown service is offered
All Suites: Almost all suites offer ocean views of the Sea of Cortez and of the famed Land’s End Rock from their terrace. The luxuriously appointed rooms have a king bed or two double beds, goose down comforters, separate makeup area, classic contemporary furniture and elegant marble bathrooms. Each room offers a plasma TV, complimentary wireless internet, hairdryers, hydro-massage bathtubs or Jacuzzi, ceiling fan, multiple telephones, electronic wall safe, voice mail and mini-bar. All rooms have large balconies with table and comfortable chaise lounges. The spacious kitchen area that is available in every room includes an oven-top burner, full refrigerator, coffeemaker with coffee and microwave.
Penthouses: The 13 penthouses that top Casa Dorada offer Cabo’s most spectacular view of the bay and the famous land’s end of the Baja Peninsula. While all penthouses have vaulted ceilings, some 12 feet high, and living and dining rooms with separate terraces, the Two- and Three- Bedroom Penthouses have a Jacuzzi on the terrace.
Check-in time is 3:00 pm and checkout time is noon. Express checkout is available in all rooms, and bellhops are available to help with luggage at all hours.
Casa Kid’z Playzone offered supervised activities with trained bilingual staff for children from 4 -12 years old, everyday from 9:00 a.m. – 17:00 p.m. Counselors are all CPR certified. No charge for children under 12 years old when occupying the room with their parents. with their parents. Each room has a sleeper sofa. Children 12 and over and a third adult occupying the room are charged an extra person rate of $45 USD. Cribs and nanny service are available.
Casa Dorada also offers a business center, with multi-lingual staff and IT services, computers, printers, fax and copy services and meeting and office supplies
The multi-lingual staff is available around-the-clock, and the professionals at the Concierge desk can help guests secure a taxi, set up a tour of local sites and much more.
Guests may choose from two restaurants and three bars at Casa Dorada, each with a distinctive menu and atmosphere. Round-theclock en-suite dining is available. Private catering is also offered in suites for dinner parties.
Offers an eclectic restaurant experience. Highlighting the Bible’s original 12 tribes and their eventual dispersion throughout the world, the cuisine offers an exotic mix of aromas, sensations and flavors that capture an international flair. Experience old favorites and delight in new flavorful gastronomical discoveries all with an inviting, contemporary and tropical atmosphere. To guests who wish to savor the sunset, this ocean front restaurant offers optional terrace seating with spectacular views. Appropriate beer and wine are suggested with each cuisine.
Serves casual fare for breakfast and lunch. Guests can choose from locally harvested and grown fare, including fresh fish and shellfish and select it right off the boat. Homemade desserts such as ice creams top off a delectable meal. Buffet and a la carte services are available for breakfast. A choice of beach seating or air-conditioned comfort is available.
Features nightly music and weekend entertainment. The menu consists of fifty different kinds of beer, including a custom mango-flavored Casa Dorada brew. A variety of glasses are used for each “family” of beer. Beers on tap and a bar menu also accompany the ocean view ambiance
Offers casual food and bar service around the pool with amazing views of the Bahia San Lucas
Casa Dorada is equipped with two winding swimming pools, connected by a cascading waterfall, swim up bar and plasma TV. In the evening, the pool area is illuminated to mimic the night sky. An open-air Jacuzzi and separate children’s pool, equipped with water jets, are also available.
The Casa Dorada Beach Club consists of 660 feet of beach area, day beds, water sports and a cabana for couples’ spa treatment. Maydan restaurant offers light lunches and beverages with a Mexican touch.
Every guest having a body treatment will first receive a salt bath from which the spa gets its name. Salt is also used in the exfoliation treatments. The spa and fitness center offers ten treatment cabins, cold plunge pool, tea and fruit station, beauty parlor, sauna, chromo therapy steam room and Jacuzzi. Its signature treatment unites the unique healing performance powers of chromo therapy, thalassic therapy and aromatherapy. After being tested for color, guests will be uniquely treated with special oils and aromas based on their results. Other treatments include bamboo stick and Chinese ball massages. The fitness center has a high-impact floor and state of the art equipment with i-pod docking stations. Spa guests must be 16 years or older unless they are receiving mother/daughter or father/son treatments. The Pevonia line of products is used.
Casa Dorada Los Cabos is very concern about the preservation of the environment and for this it has a golfina turtle preservation program. As part of this program we have made the first turtle shelter of Los Cabos with the only incubation chamber of the area. We take care of the turtle eggs as especially as we take care of our clients. When the eggs hatch our clients take part in the release of the turtles into the sea.
The Casa Dorada hammock area is specially designed for our clients to relax with a good book or just rest with the beautiful sight of the Medano beach.
ADDITIONAL GUEST SERVICES
In addition to amenities listed above, the resort also offers:
- Laundry/valet and express service
- Valet parking
- Car rental service on site
- Tour services
- Airport transportation
- Free wireless internet
- Shopping Arcade
- Free parking for our guests
- Computer equipment rental
- Roomlinx Interactive TV, a modern system with which our clients may surf the net, watch TV, movies and concerts, listen to the radio form any part of the world, download pictures form a memory card or USB and even use different office programs as if working in their own computer.
Los Cabos is recognized as one of the best golf destinations in the world. Casa Dorada is located close to both the 18-hole Cabo Real golf course created out of the Cabo Desert Mountains with finishing holes lining the Sea of Cortez designed by Robert Trent Jones II and the 18-hole Cabo del Sol Ocean course designed by Jack Nicklaus. Club Campestre San José and Puerto Los Cabos golf courses offer a very original option for Golf professionals and amateurs.
Designer: Robert Trent Jones Jr. Holes: 18 Length: 7,037 Yards Type: International par 72 Operator: Questro Golf Type of grass: Tees’s y Fairways – Bermuda, Greens – TIF Dwarf Address: Carretera Transpeninsular km. 19.5 SJD-CSL Cabo Real San José del Cabo, BCS., México, 23400
CLUB CAMPESTRE SAN JOSE
Designer: Nicklaus Design Holes: 18 Length: 7,055 Yards Type : International par 71 Operator: Questro Golf Type of grass: Paspalum SeaIsle 1 Fairways y Tees Address: Km 119 Libramiento Aeropuerto SJD San José del Cabo, B.C.S., México, 23405
PUERTO LOS CABOS
Designer: Jack Nicklaus / Greg Norman Holes: 18 Type: International par 73 Operator: Questro Golf Type of grass: Paspalum SeaIsle 1 Fairways y Tees Inauguration: Summer 2008 Address: Paseo de los Pescadores s/n, La Playa, San José del Cabo, B.C.S., México, 23400
Guests have a wide choice of entertainment options at Casa Dorada, ranging from deep-sea fishing to an active day of mountain biking. Los Cabos is also home to a number of international festivals and fairs, including the Senior Slam PGA Golf Tournament in February, the PGA Pro-am Copa Marquis in June, and the world-renowned Blue Marlin Fishing Tournament in October.
- Sailing: Guests can enjoy snorkel and sunset tours daily. For groups, the Talofa Historic Sailing Ship is an excellent option. (www.talofatallship.com )
- Fishing: September through November is the best time of year to fish in Los Cabos, though tourists come from around the world throughout the year to seek Sailfish, Dorado, Yellowfin Tuna, Wahoo and the blue marlin. Casa Dorada Concierge can arrange for boats and skiffs in a variety of sizes and rental equipment.
- Scuba and Snorkeling: Diving fans enjoy the sand cascades and dramatic reefs in the Sea of Cortes, as well as the opportunity to see whale sharks, colorful tropical fish, and giant sea turtles.
- Surfing: Cabo Surf offers one hour lessons or three day programs for families.
- Shopping: Casa Dorada is just steps away from the main avenue in Cabo San Lucas where visitors will find a diversity of shops including casual and beach wear, Mexican arts and crafts, and restaurants / bars like Hard Rock Café, Cabo Wabo and Squid Roe. The colonial village of San Jose del Cabo, only 30 minutes away, features shops, restaurants and art galleries. Visitors can take a taxi or bus ride to San Jose del Cabo
- Biking and Eco-Tours: With its dramatic contrasts of ocean, sands, and mountains, Los Cabos is the ideal place to take a hike, bike a trail, ride a horse on the beach or, for the more adventurous visitors, drive an All-Terrain-Vehicle. Each of these activities is available through the resort concierge
- Wild Canyon Park: this adventure park offers the best Zip lines of Cabo, the only bungee jump and has a spectacular location 15 minutes away from Cabo San Lucas. (www.wildcanyon.com.mx)